Written by MrBackup on April 26, 2017
MrBackup’s CloudDrive allows end users who may be located in geographically physically remote locations to simultaneously access shared files and folders.
- When starting up, or logging in on your Windows computer, the CloudDrive will not be connected. This is a security feature to prevent unauthorized access to your CloudDrive.
- Look for the CloudDrive icon on your Desktop, or it should be located in the C:\CloudDrive folder. Double click the shortcut.
- The CloudDrive activator will test your internet connection and request your password.
- Note that the CloudDrive password is not stored locally and should never be kept on your computer. Do not type the password into a text file!
- Type the CloudDrive password into the box provided and wait for authentication.
- Once authenticated, your CloudDrive should open in a Windows Explorer window.
Enjoy your CloudDrive experience